FANNY LIBERT (2000) was born in Brussels. She started to play the piano and composing at an early age. Her interests include folk music (mainly from the Balkan area) and harpsichord, with also a strong interest in ancient music.
She attended several improvisation workshops, among them the ones with Michel Massot and Joêlle Léandres.
She is now studying piano with Boyan Vodenitcharov in Brussels, and composition with Claude Ledoux in Mons.
– Comme un mouvement d’horloge (Flute, clarinet, piano, percussion, violin, alto, cello), 5min, premiered in march 2015 in Antwerp, for the Hermes Ensemble in the context of the project “The times they are a changin”.
– piece for clarinet and piano, 2min20, premiered in Antwerp, april 2017 for the Hermes Ensemble in the context of the project “The times they are a changin”.
– quatuor (clarinet, violin, cello and piano), 4min 30, premiered in Antwerp, April 2018, same context.
– Récréations, (flute, clarinet, piano, violin, alto,cello, doublebass) 4min 50, premiered in Antwerp, April 2019, same context.
– piece for clarinet and ténor saxophone, 2min, premiered in Alden Biesen, July 2019, in the context of the workshop “Soundmine” with Wim Henderickx.
– Habitations imaginaires (Alto saxophonne, violin, piano, and string ensemble), 8 min, première cancelled or reported (because of covid, in march 2020), commission for the concert “Roomservice”, in Antwerp.
– onaipos, 6min, premiered in Conservatorium on Brussels, February 2020, written for the piano recital of a friend.
– May 2021, in « Le Lac », Brussels (date to be confirmed), quintette for piccolo, trombone, violin, cello and piano, performed by Juliette Ferreira, basile Philippe, Olga groppo, Fiona Feeley and Cyril Huguenin, solo piccolo piece performed by Juliette Ferreira, and « Onaipos » performed by Cyril Huguenin.