She Lives, a leading music association in Europe in the spread of contemporary music, is pleased to announce the first edition of the “She Lives Budapest Prize” Composition Competition.
Our association, from the year of its foundation to today, has had the privilege of working with some of the most important institutions and artists in the international scene: Solisti della Scala di Milano, Opera House of Rome, Chigiana Academy of Siena, Filarmonica Romana, Scelsi Foundation, Royal Embassy of Norway, Swiss Institute in Rome, UMZE the historic ensemble founded by Bartók, Budapest Music Center, LAC – Lugano Arte e Cultura, Festival oggimusica, Yamaha Concert Hall Wien, Pro Helvetia, Contemporary Art Festival Budapest, Warner Classics, Naxos and artists such as Peter Eötvös, Lasse Thoresen and Sidney Corbett.
1. The competition is open to composers of all ages and nationalities, without restrictions of gender, ideas, religious affiliation etc.
2. The object of the competition is the composition of a piece for piano for one performer. Prepared piano and the use of electronic tracks and fixed media is allowed. Live electronics is not permitted.
The piece must not exceed 25 minutes in length. There are no minimum duration limits.
The piece may have already been performed and published.
3. There are no style limits. The jury will evaluate the musical mastery, the quality and originality of the writing.
Prize pool: 3000 Euros
1. prize: 1000 Euros + professional studio recording* + portfolio (personal page of the composer) on the She Lives website.
2. prize: 500 Euros + professional studio recording* + portfolio (personal page of the composer) on the She Lives website.
3. prize: professional studio recording* + portfolio (personal page of the composer) on the She Lives website.
Additional prize: Free consultations for one year for max. two composers, offered by the composer Alessio Elia.
* The winning works will be recorded by the international acclaimed pianist Krisztina Fejes in the Budapest studios with the sound engineer Kálmán Melha of the Liszt Academy of Music and will be addressed to the major Italian and Hungarian radios specialized in art music (RAI Radio 3, Radio Vaticana, Radio Cemat, Bartók Radio, Radio Klassik). The recording will also be published on our YouTube channel and advertised on all our social platforms. For reasons of force majeure, the recording may be subject to changes or be replaced by an equivalent premium.
October 31, 2020 (23:59 Rome time)
The competition has a participation fee of 65 Euros for the first piece sent.
Each composer can participate in the competition with a maximum of 5 pieces (first piece + 4 others). For each additional piece, 20 Euros will be corresponded.
For convenience, the participation fees are shown below in reference to the number of pieces sent.
1 piece: 65 Euros
2 pieces: 85 Euros
3 pieces: 105 Euros
4 pieces: 125 Euros
5 pieces: 145 Euros
The participation fee can be paid either via PayPal or by bank transfer:
PayPal – click on the button below and set the fee (change the language at the bottom right of the PayPal page – Italian or English)
Associazione SHE LIVES
BIC CODE: BCITITMM
BANK NAME AND ITS ADDRESS: Banca Prossima – Filiale di Milano, Piazza Paolo Ferrari 10, 20121 Milano (Italy)
SHE LIVES ADDRESS: Piazza della Libertà 20, 00192 – Roma (Italy)
László Tihanyi, composer and conductor, professor at the Liszt Academy of Music in Budapest (Hungary) – President of the jury
Alessio Elia, composer (Italy)
Krisztina Fejes, concert pianist (Hungary)
Send an email to email@example.com with the header SHE LIVES BUDAPEST PRIZE.
Attach the following documents to the email:
1) Score(s) in pdf. The piece must be anonymous. Only the title of the piece must appear on the score. It is possible to send handwritten pieces but they must be clearly legible.
2) Short biography of the composer.
3) Commentary on the piece(s) (NOT mandatory).
4) mp3 of the audio recording, if any (NOT mandatory).
5) Receipt of payment or screenshot of the payment of the participation fee,
6) Application form (download it by clicking on the image in this page: SHE LIVES BUDAPEST PRIZE 2020 Application form).
Applications for participation and the relative registration fees must be sent by 23:59 (Rome time) of 31 October 2020. Registrations and payments received after this date will not be considered. The winning works will be announced by 20 November 2020. The jury’s decision is final and cannot be appealed. The results will be announced on our website and through our social media platforms, as well as through private emails. The participation fee is non-refundable.
By participating in the competition you accept all the rules that determine it and the processing of personal data in accordance with the current European regulations.
In the event of a dispute, the Italian text is valid. The court of Rome (Italy) is competent.
For further information, write to: firstname.lastname@example.org